The NRCFOSS-AU Project
- Development and Promotion of an Indian version of Linux Distribution named BOSS
(Bharat Operating System Software) based on the Debian distribution (C-DAC Chennai),
particularly for governmental and e-governance applications.
- Introduction of FOSS Elective Courses and Lab. Classes into the curricula of UG Engineering Programs
(CSE/IT/MCA) in the country, along with Teacher Training, Text Book preparation, Student project
In pursuance of the project mission, these institutions carry out the folowing activities towards FOSS promotion
- R & D on specific FOSS technologies & solutions such as operating systems, Compilers etc.
- Education and Certification in FOSS at the university and professional levels.
- FOSS Technology Development, Deployment, Promotion, Metric Development, Adoption assessment, etc.
- Creation of FOSS repositories and data bases for educational,training and research purposes.
to find out more about the activities of NRCFOS-AU.